Re: [LUG] Dynamic DNS

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Yes, I wanted to get onto that. IPV6 IIUC needs some sort of bridge to
> work in any case. Perhaps I can run some sort of IPV6 network over
> whatever way I connect to the internet, so you can directly address
> me. Hope that made sense.

If your computer, modem/router and ISP all support IPv6 (the former is
bound to be the case, the latter two not necessarily so) IPv6 will
just work. Otherwise you'll have to use something like Miredo (which
is the Linux-equivalent of something called Teredo), which allows you
to run an IPv6 connection over an IPv4 one.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve though. IPv6 does
away with NAT so your computer automatically becomes publicly routable
which can be useful as you don't have to worry about port forwarding.
The Teredo/Miredo IPv6-address includes an encoded version of the IPv4
address though, so it'll be just as dynamic.

Martijn.