Re: [LUG] Looking for a new printer

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

When I started this thread what I hoped for was something like 'I have
used printer xyz for a while now, it is great (or possibly, don't go
near it)'.

;-)

I have used an HP Colour Laserjet (4600C) for 8 years now, it's great, but expensive to run.

Wifey has an HP PhotoSmart 2570 - which has seen use for the past 3 (maybe more) years. Cheap and cheerful with lots (and lots!) of features. Works a treat under Linux (after the initial battles with Gnome & CUPS) Even sane can see it over Ethernet for scanning.

They're basically at opposite ends of the scale though, and neither is currently being made (that I'm aware of).

Gordon