[LUG] Looking for a new printer

My current printer is over 5 years old, although it still works quite
well (Epson Stylus Photo 810). I am wondering if it is reaching its sell
by date so I have been looking around the internet for some ideas about
a replacement. What a nightmare! There are so many printers around it is
just crazy. So what do I use my printer for?

Occasional print of a photograph. I have recently joined the local
photographic society so I will probably be wanting to do a bit more
photo printing now. I also do like a reasonable result when printing text.

I am not interested in fax, duplex or anything larger than A4. However
my wife has her computer in another room so I have the set-up for her to
send print instructions to my computer via the wifi which means that my
computer and printer have to both be switched on before it works. So I
would like a printer which has wifi or some other way of connecting to
the router.

Incidentally my router, Netgear DG834G does have wifi, of course, but
does not have a USB port. So far it seems that the makes to consider are
either Epson or HP.

So please, people, before my brain explodes with researching any more
printer sites, any recommendations for me?

Thanks in advance,

Neil Winchurst