Re: [LUG] Looking for a new printer

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:07:47 +0000 (GMT)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> Which is bizarre as the hardware for Ethernet is cheaper than that for
> Wi-Fi and it's less software required to drive it.

But requires cabling which;

a) quite a lot of people don't feel happy making up
b) not many people are happy about having CAT5 cable on view
c) burying it can be messy, time consuming and expensive

In any case, most printers are cheap(1), it's the ink that is the money
maker.  But you already know that, I'm sure.

(1)  In a similar vein, I used to have business contacts that worked for
Polaroid.  They were quite happy to give away any number of cameras, but
were at risk of losing their job if they gave away the film.

--
 Regards  _
You're the psychotic daughter of a psychotic mother