Re: [LUG] General consensus: AMD64 or I386 install of Debian Testing?

On 27/11/11 00:15, Grant Sewell wrote:
> Annoyingly the direct HTTP ISO downloads for both i386 and AMD64
> Testing claimed they were going to take 3 days to complete

No one uses full ISOs for Debian do they?

I always do a netinstall, which is under 200MB to get started, even more
desirable to do a minimal install if the first thing you'll do is switch
to testing.

The regular netinstall use to be able to install other releases,
although there was always the risk something would be broken between the
official netinst image release and the latest testing or unstable.

I know as I was using the netinstall from an old release at one point
because a crucial DELL driver was missing from the current (at time)
stable debian installer (but the DELL hardware was supported fine when
you'd got the proper install finished).