Re: [LUG] Sending docs in MS format

Simon Robert -Cottage wrote:
I have never had a problem with the save as word document option in
oo/libre - it's just remembering to do it that is the problem. There
maybe a problem if the Windows 2007 option is not used as earlier
version of word may not be compatable, ie saving as Word 2010 and then a
company using 2007 tries to open it. So if your daughter sticks with the
.doc 2003/2007 save options it should be fine. (Oh yes it always helps
to have the option in ms file manager switched to the option which shows
file suffixes, so one can't accidently send an ODF insted of a doc version).

Simon

Yes, I do have the file suffixes showing. Wouldn't risk it any other way.

Neil