Re: [LUG] Sending docs in MS format

On 17/10/11 18:01, paul sutton wrote:
On 17/10/11 17:59, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I am sure at least one member here has an e-mail signature that says to
use open formats rather than MS word, perhaps include that at the bottom
discrete but it shows not everyone has, uses or as most people assume
can afford to use MS office.  Not to mention that people don't use
Windows (that will be too much for people I am sure)

Paul

The problem is, I suspect, that companies receive so many applications
for jobs nowadays that they will easily be put off reading one if
there is any problem with the format.

I think the suggestion of exporting to PDF would be a good idea, but
don't tell Tom P. I will show my daughter how to do it and tell her to
attach that file to any applications in future.

Neil

yeah,  there is always rtf or plain text, but there is no harm in having
a signature to promote the cause, ok mine is about ubuntu, but if
everyone does this then the message will spread, slowly. I may find a
suitable site url and change it to support open standards.

Paul

Or even HTML - I've heard MS IE can read some of it now.
Tom te tom te tom