Re: [LUG] Sending docs in MS format

On 17/10/11 17:59, Neil Winchurst wrote:

>> I am sure at least one member here has an e-mail signature that says to
>> use open formats rather than MS word, perhaps include that at the bottom
>> discrete but it shows not everyone has, uses or as most people assume
>> can afford to use MS office.  Not to mention that people don't use
>> Windows (that will be too much for people I am sure)
>>
>> Paul
>>

> The problem is, I suspect, that companies receive so many applications
> for jobs nowadays that they will easily be put off reading one if
> there is any problem with the format.
>
> I think the suggestion of exporting to PDF would be a good idea, but
> don't tell Tom P. I will show my daughter how to do it and tell her to
> attach that file to any applications in future.
>
> Neil

yeah,  there is always rtf or plain text, but there is no harm in having
a signature to promote the cause, ok mine is about ubuntu, but if
everyone does this then the message will spread, slowly. I may find a
suitable site url and change it to support open standards.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Join the revolution, switch to Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com