Re: [LUG] Computer lockup- sysrq

paul sutton wrote:

Hmm have you tried the sysRQ combination

hold down alt-sysrq

then enter the following combination

r-s-e-i-u-b

and it should restart the system cleanly

more info can be found here

while the above applies to ubuntu the sysrq stuff is built in to the
kernel (or can be) so its a good thing to know about as it should work
with any distribution.

Paul

Yes, I know about that one too. However as I said, when my computer locked up it would not respond to the mouse or to *any* key on the keyboard. So I had to reset, nothing else would work.

Neil