Re: [LUG] Computer lockup

Brad Rogers wrote:

No problem with youtube here, but I have a different issue with BBC's
iplayer.  That just freezes after a couple of seconds trying to buffer
the video stream.  This is when embedded, I can't even try to go full
screen.  Most odd.  However, I can still use my computer as it's only the
stream that locks not the browser.

Noting from other messages you have two versions of flashplayer, I
suggest you get rid of one.  As you hint, it might not cure the problem
as Chrome manages okay.  However, it can't improve the situation.

Just discovered that, when trying ITV's player, going full screen seemed
to freeze the video, but left the audio playing.  On a whim, I minimised
Iceweasel (Debian's FF) and lo and behold, there was the video,
streaming away nicely.

As already mentioned, once the computer locks (apart from the sound) I can't do anything with the keyboard or the mouse. So I cannot minimise anything or move to another desktop or anything at all except press the reset button on the tower. A real lock-up!!

Neil