Re: [LUG] CUPS Mystery

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:14:44 +0100
Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Neil,

each time, a list of all the items that I have printed or cancelled.
What I am asking is, can I clear this list by deleting some or all of
the items? When I look at the list I see no option to 'Delete'.

At the risk of stating the obvious;

No delete option is available for completed/cancelled jobs since they're
finished.  There's no job to delete.

All that you can do is edit the configuration to reduce the number of
completed/cancelled jobs held in the log file.  For example here, job
number is up to 1564, but jobs available in the log is only is 499¹, so
the first one in the list is job 1096.

¹  A strange number to my mind.  Why not 500? (rhetorical question)

I didn't explain properly what I meant. The total set for listing completed jobs is 500. There are 435 in the list at the moment. What I meant to ask was, is there any way to clear this list out. Perhaps I should not have used the word 'delete'. I realise that those jobs are completed or cancelled.

I have just noticed that the list of completed jobs shows a total of 435 but the highest number in the list is 443. Strange.

Oh well, I will check again tomorrow.

Thanks

Neil