[LUG] CUPS Mystery

CUPS v 1.4.1
Main computer (with printer attached) running Mint 10 KDE

Laptop running Mint 9 Xfce

The laptop is linked to the router via Wifi. Sometimes I sent a print request from the laptop which runs the printer via the main computer. On the 3rd Sept a print job was sent and duly printed. On the 6th the job suddenly appeared again, three times.

On 7th it appeared again, three times. I managed to cancel them. On 9th it appeared again, again I managed to cancel them. Now again yesterday 12th my daughter was using the computer and turned on the printer and again the same job printed three times!!

First question, there does not appear to be any way to delete items from the list of jobs. Is there any way to do this please?

Second question, can anyone suggest what is happening please? Other print jobs do not repeat. So I am not sure if I should check the laptop or the main computer. I have been searching both but I cannot see anything obvious.

Baffled

Neil Winchurst