Re: [LUG] CUPS Mystery

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:14:44 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> each time, a list of all the items that I have printed or cancelled.
> What I am asking is, can I clear this list by deleting some or all of
> the items? When I look at the list I see no option to 'Delete'.

At the risk of stating the obvious;

No delete option is available for completed/cancelled jobs since they're
finished.  There's no job to delete.

All that you can do is edit the configuration to reduce the number of
completed/cancelled jobs held in the log file.  For example here, job
number is up to 1564, but jobs available in the log is only is 499Â, so
the first one in the list is job 1096.

  A strange number to my mind.  Why not 500? (rhetorical question)

--
 Regards  _
I'm surfing on a wave of nostalgia for an age yet to come