Re: [LUG] being an ISP

On 13/07/11 10:26, Rhia Knowles wrote:
an ipcop box running dansguardian maybe?
ipcop to seperate the guests from your personal wireless network, and
dansguardian to do content filtering.

Or there's Smoothwall which does the same thing, there is a free and
an enterprise edition, the enterprise edition its easier to put the
dansguardian content filtering on.

IPCop with AdvProxy and UpdateAccelerator is pretty good (although I'm not sure if they've been updated for IPCop 2.x yet), they use SquidGuard (essentially pretty much the same as DansGuardian) and with UpdateAccelerator it also caches things like Windows and Linux updates. :-)

When Virgin update the firmware on their Super Hub I'm probably going to put a small IPCop box together like this :-)

Rob