Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On 02/03/11 23:41, Simon Waters wrote:
On 02/03/11 23:23, Martijn Grooten wrote:
Re: organised crime, there has been some significant progress made in
working with law enforcement in countries like Russia and China. I am
optimistic that this will eventually happen in Africa too.
Last I saw in Guinea Bissau the EU believe the head of the Marines and
the Chief of Staff of the army are drug traffickers, this is not a good
situation when one is interested in the rule of law.

The UN called on Guinea Bissau to allow foreign policing of it's waters
to stop the drug trafficking. It is a major landing point for Cocaine
from South America to get into Africa, and thence to Europe.

  Simon

What always amazes me is that it is very easy to make it illegal to transfer funds to or from places like these - you just ban any transactions to places where you cannot fully trace the movement of money to prove it doesn’t end up in the 'wrong' hands. Its technically very easy to do it would mean disallowing fund transfers to 'secret' bank accounts and places like Switzerland and the Cayman Islands but the way the politicians never implement it you'd thing they had a need for offshore accounts...
Tom te tom te tom