Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 07:21:04AM +0000, tom wrote:
> What always amazes me is that it is very easy to make it illegal to
> transfer funds to or from places like these - you just ban any
> transactions to places where you cannot fully trace the movement of
> money to prove it doesnât end up in the 'wrong' hands. Its
> technically very easy to do it would mean disallowing fund transfers
> to 'secret' bank accounts and places like Switzerland and the Cayman
> Islands but the way the politicians never implement it you'd thing
> they had a need or offshore accounts...

Three questions

-   How do you prove the money came from the right hand? PLEASE don't tell
    me that you must get it vetted by a lawyer.

-   If a tourist comes to England how can they pay for the hotel room?
    VisaCard? or HSBC UK Visa Card? or 1st National Bank of Ouagadougou
    Visa Card where the card was issued because someone was threatened with
    being shot)

-   What countries prevent money going into the wrong "hands"? For example
    I am sure that some Libyans could state that it was wrong for the UK
    Government to allow Gaddafi to give that money to the LSE. And lets not
    talk about the US Tax Protesters who seem to believe giving money to
    the Government is wrong
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester.

With regards to Switzerland, Jersey, Isle of Man and Caymans (and many
others) are also ideal for setting up some companies for example if a
Swede, an American, an Israeli and a Palestinian want to set up a company
but don't know and don't want to pay for a comparison of the positive and
negitives of eg
-   UK law and tax law
-   US law and tax law etc etc.
Then a neutral third party may be appropriate.

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.