Re: [LUG] Security and SSH

On 22/01/11 17:33, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 22 Jan, 2011, at 5:00 pm, Neil Winchurst wrote:

ssh: connect to host pamneil.com port 22: Connection refused

Can you try this please, to confirm that the ssh port is open on the
target machine:

nmap -A pamneil.com

Should take up to a couple of minutes to provide a listing of open
ports, among which should be port 22.

--
Phil Hudson PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63
http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz @UWascalWabbit

Further to my last email -

I have contacted my ISP. They tell me that SSH would use port 3784. Further they say that SSH is not normally enabled for security reasons. If anyone wants it set up they charge £13 a year.

I have emailed back to say what I want to do with it. Awaiting their answer.

Meanwhile, plan B would be to encrypt any files first before transferring them. That would be a pain!!

Neil