Re: [LUG] torplay centre

>> Paul, there was mention of that church in Newton Abbott. I believe a
>> lug member knows the folks that look after it and that we could meet
>> there for free.
>>

> It was Rhia's friend Steve as far as I know, things seem to have gone
> quiet on that front.

I agree,  this seems to keep happening,  however the torplay centre does
give us an option in Torbay and I am sure people were / are willing to
chip in in return for being able to give a talk etc.

It really does depend on what we want as a group down here,  we
certain;y i think need to push things.

I was thinking even though it is 40 quid if we could help them with
computers we may get a deal or something.

Lets go in and have a look and perhaps arrange an event for May or after
the rugby season,  and use the time between now and then for planning etc.

we have £15.32 at present in funds, so over 1/4 of the way there.  But
there is a projector and wi-fi so that is a bonus,  I don't know if the
other venues have this.

Rhia can you chase this up please and find out, as its another option,
in the meantime i am in communication with torplay so will for the
moment keep in touch and find out more info.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day