Re: [LUG] torplay centre

 Can't help but wonder with the amount of hotels in the Torbay area why
there is the need to pay for a room hire, for example a while ago on
heading home (near Dunkerswell) after one of the meetings at Paignton I
called in at the Monkton Court Hotel
http://www.monktoncourthotel.co.uk/ on the A30 about a mile East of
Honiton. They were glad to offer a room for free and showed me one that
would accommodate a group of 12 or maybe more, perhaps free because I
pointed out those attending would have drinks and maybe snacks.  There
would be car parking free too.
 It may be appropriate here to explain my thinking at the time; I am not
aware of many LUG members in this area but would like to encourage
others to move over to Ubuntu or any other flavour that interests and
considered placing an article in the Upottery 'Parish Pump' to see if
some serious interest could be drummed up amongst a few then it may be
worth trying to drag some of you capable chaps over this way (we
contribute to fuel) to help those interested get started and do
installs. It is unlikely people would be up and properly sorted after
one session up here and suspect at least 3 would be about right.

wochafink!