Re: [LUG] Some kind of download monitor for broadband?

On 4 September 2010 10:02, Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Virgin Media's limits:
> http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html
> http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/acceptance.html
>
> They're not exactly well signposted when you're signing up to the
> service though.  I found them because I fell foul of them, phoned up
> complaining that our connection speed had dropped well below acceptable
> levels (again) and I wanted to know if there was a problem in the
> area.  The lady I spoke to looked through the system and then checked
> my account... bingo!  She said she's email the links over to me.
>
> Grant.

I'd heard anecdotally about Virgin's traffic management, but never
been able to find the details before. As a Virgin customer I've
probably run foul of this a few times, now I won't be stumbling around
in the dark so much. Thanks for links!

Chris