[LUG] Some kind of download monitor for broadband?

Does anyone have any recommendation for some kind of network dload
meter for Broadband. I've found out today when Mom has signed up for a
new broadband package, she's listened to the salesdroid and gone for
the version with the tiniest cap. I have 2GB to work with a month
until I can show her need for otherwise.

Obviously I'd rather do this BEFORE the internet suddenly drops off.

I'm looking for something that I can set to run on boot, monitor the
Wifi download on a set SSID, and display in nice easy to read figures
or graphs. Windows compatibility or a comparible windows client a
bonus so I can put it on her machine and my college work partition
too.

If it can log the lot to one machine, that would be a bonus too.

I'm wanting something that wont just look at what im doing eg in the
browser, but will also monitor updates, etc. I dont stream from one
machine to the other so if it just looks at everything travelling on
that SSID that would do