Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On 28/07/10 12:38, Rob Beard wrote:
On 27/07/2010 17:56, Anthony Williams wrote:

How do I know that I'll get better speeds before signing up? I'd be
willing to change ISPs again (and pay more) if it would guarantee
faster speeds (my wife likes to watch iPlayer and 4oD in the evening,
and complains about the poor bandwidth).

Well for starters you can check the ThinkBroadband.com site, they have a
comparison option to compare ISPs -
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html

On those, UKonline comes out quite well.

Also check out the ThinkBroadband forums, talk to other existing
customers and find out what they think.

All of which is subjective, and doesn't tell me what I'll get on my connection.

Anyway, I'm generally pretty happy with my broadband. I only mentioned it because someone asked about high usage. I have a high usage, and good speed during the day (when I need it); it's just a shame that the speed drops off in the evening (when it would be nice, but it's not essential).

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk