Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 09:13 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Braodband too - everyone has a choice of over 100 ISPs to choose from,
> regardless of LLU in their exchange. Some, like BTretail will insist on a
> 12 month or longer contract, but others (most others) are monthly.

I have to disagree here. I've been looking at changing ISP's and the
majority still seem to have longer contracts than monthly. Possibly more
of the ADSL2 offers were monthly contracts. While I didn't pay
especially close attention to the contract periods on packages I am
pretty sure that was the state of things atm.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides