Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On 27/07/10 13:32, John Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 12:58 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

Are there any better deals around on packages over 100GB-150GB per month
that anyone has noticed ?

I use ukonline (http://www.ukonline.co.uk). All their packages are unlimited usage, and very good value. The only "limit" is their "fair usage policy", which says that customers using too much during peak time (5pm - midnight) will have their bandwidth limited "for the rest of the day". Some weeks I have very high usage during office hours, and I've not suffered any penalty that I've noticed.

They don't have their equipment in our exchange, so I'm stuck to a BT 50:1/up to 8Mbps connection which is typically 6-7Mbps during the day, but <2Mbps (often <1Mbps) in the evening. With their equipment you can get a 20:1/up to 16Mbps connection, but I don't know how good that really is.

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk