Re: [LUG] move user data and settings to new hard disk

> Hi Rob :-)
>
> That also sounds a good way of trying distro's out. Again...a
> conversation for another occasion. Perhaps I can have a chat to you
> and Gordon at a meeting in the near future. I do think user data on a
> separate partition sounds sensible though? If nothing else for backup
> purposes and assuming the pitfalls Simon mentions are not too bad. We
> shall see...

The data IS on a separate partition on the first hard disk, only for
some reason the 10.04 didn't pick this up, i didn't create a /home
partition on the 2nd hard disk for this reason, as i thought the 10.04
installer would find that I have user accounts / data and ask if i
wanted to use that.

Perhaps I missed something in the install.

Paul