Re: [LUG] OT ish: Anyone here live in Newton Abbot around Shaldon Road area?

On 03/06/10 20:38, Rhia Knowles wrote:

I wouldn't trust Tiscalli or AOL, hang on they're owned by Talktalk now :-D

AOL owns TalkTalk or TalkTalk owns AOL? Im pretty sure it matters,
having used AOL.

I gather that Talktalk own the UK broadband side of AOL, not sure about the US AOL operations, last I knew they were owned by Time Warner but possibly being sold on.

Not sure about C&W/Bulldog, I've heard mixed things, and O2, well they're
fine for my mum's home broadband, but not sure what I'd think of them for
business class broadband.

  O2 resells be broadband the way Post Office resells BT iirc.

O2 own Be.  At least Telefonica who own O2 own Be too.

Saying that though they have different pricing and IIRC Be now do ADSL2+ bonding (at least for some of their customers).

O2 also sell broadband from BT Wholesale as O2 Access for those folks who aren't on an LLU exchange (same as Enta, Eclipse, Sky etc do) although I hear it's god awful.

Rob