Re: [LUG] Debian Squeeze with grub2. Problem upgrading linux-kernel

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:45:53 +0000
Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Henry,

> Nope all I need is just one kernel but I cannot upgrade from 2.6.30.
> Not quite sure why trunk is installed but it is marked in aptitude as
> installed automatically

Do you have any of the kernel metapackages installed?  For example, I
have; linux-image-amd64, which pulls in any kernel update.

It's possible you can't update because /boot has run out of space,
although I'd expect to see some sort of error if that were the case.
Annoyingly, the error, when it happens, isn't about lack of space.  :-(

Try deleting the trunk kernel first.  Then do the kernel update.

> Lost and found has nothing

Good.

--
 Regards  _

You're a sidewalk cipher speaking prionic jive
Give You Nothing - Bad Religion