Re: [LUG] Debian Squeeze with grub2. Problem upgrading linux-kernel

On 18 March 2010 20:24, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:39:23 +0000
> Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Henry,
>
>> I had a problem sometime ago: upgraded to grub2....
>> I know I tried getting back to menu.1st then but could not.
>
> Menu.lst isn't used by Grub2.  Look for grub.cfg instead.  Although it's
> ill advised to make any changes there, if you want them to be permanent,
> as they'll be overwritten at next kernel upgrade.

The official method, i gather is to open command prompt and run upgrade-grub.

This rescans the /boot and will rewrite grub.cfg with the new Kernel.

Annoyingly enough, this is supposed to be done automatically when you
upgrade and install a new Kernel