Re: [LUG] OT: Computer Shopper

On 10/02/2010 17:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
That brings back memories. I used to buy Computer Shopper when it first
appeared. The price then was 89p!! I don't buy any mags nowadays.

Neil

Ahh I don't remember back that far but I do remember buying earlyish copies of Computer Shopper, and going to the Computer Shopper Show '89. It's a shame there aren't computer shows like this anymore (okay there is the Computer Trade Only magazine show at the NEC every year but that's for the computer trade, and not that exciting - apart from the freebies which now seem to be keyrings and brochures).

Last decent show I went to was the Micro Mart show at the NEC, back in 2002 or 2003 I think it was.

I have fond memories of the MacBiter columns in Computer Shopper. Sadly the writer of MacBiter passed away a couple of years back, I remember his articles being great, generally ranting about something or other for about 2 pages with eventually getting on to something about Macs and Apple. I'd love to track down some copies of his articles, one I do remember fondly was about when he had piles.

Rob