Re: [LUG] No desk top computer?

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 18:19 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
On 11/02/2010 15:43, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> Not quite what you asked but have you thought about a net-top, such as
> the Eeebox? - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148886
>
> Much lower power consumption than a desktop, with a VESA mount so it
> will attach to the back of a TFT flat panel, leaving the desktop
> totally free for the keyboard and mouse and under desk space totally
> free for the likes of printers, scanner etc :)  Main benefit being in
> that you don't have to use a smaller laptop screen - if eyesight is a
> concern, or worry too much about system spec if you use any power
> hungry programs - also I believe they work quite nicely on Linux.
> Also £ for £ net-tops are a lot cheaper if budget is an issue - as it
> is for most people these days.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Or the Acer Revo which is cheaper... http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167153

I'd like to get one of these Acer Revos as they have the NVidia ION
chipset which has support for HD video acceleration and due to the small
size it would make a great media PC.

Rob

Rob

This one also has Linux on it just for £140 quid !
Can't go wrong...

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386