Re: [LUG] MicroMart-Linux Coverage

Aled Parry wrote:
I've not read MicroMart in ages I have to admit, it was good when I
did read it, and it is a shame that people are shunning their coverage
of Linux. It was MicroMart that moved me on towards Linux originally,
originally trying aLinux/Peanut Linux that failed miserably. But I
eventually moved on to Ubuntu and from there have tried multiple other
distros. Sure a general computing magazine should keep its coverage
balanced, but if they have a selection of good articles regarding
Linux people shouldn't shun their choice to publish them.

I'm not sure how much income they earn from advertising but I'd imagine its a large percentage (>50%) of their revenue.
So that will be
a) buy MS
b) buy our machine with MS sponsored to a degree by MS
c) let us repair your MS machine (effectively sponsored by ms ..)
d) buy our software that runs on MS and we dont know how to write it for linux etc and you'll only steal it anyway.

now you know why magazines dont write as much about Linux as you'd like and why the try linux CD's always seem to have a file or two missing or corrupt.

Tom te tom tom te tom