Re: [LUG] MicroMart-Linux Coverage

tom wrote:
now you know why magazines dont write as much about Linux as you'd like and why the try linux CD's always seem to have a file or two missing or corrupt.

Tom te tom tom te tom
I'm a subscriber to Computer Shopper and they do pay a little more than lip-service to Linux. The coverdisk (DVD at least - I don't get the CD version) regularly has a Linux distro on it, Thunderbird and Firefox are regularly in recommended software,and they carry a Linux Expert section every issue - recent topics include 'Dual-booting Windows and Linux'[1], 'Backing up data in Linux' and 'Connecting your digital camera to Linux'. In fact if memory serves (not often granted) they stepped up their Linux coverage over the last few months/year so far from shunning OS they seem to be embracing it.

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] Like it or not the majority of people use Windows, so if they can be weaned off by showing them how to dual-boot they will see a) their fears about hardware were [hopefully] unfounded, b) the software is available to do everything they want in Linux, and c) it runs a hell of a lot quicker than Windows on the same PC.