Re: [LUG] SPAM ...

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:21 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> Martijn Grooten wrote:
> >
> > It's interesting, as I think DKIM is much more powerful, but perhaps
> > it's because SPF is easier to use.
>
> s/easier to use/more widely implemented in software/
>
> I looked at DKIM for postfix, and it is only just getting to the point
> where I could offer it and expect my colleagues to stand a chance of
> sorting it if it went wrong.
>
> I don't think the situation is that different for other MTAs,

The latest version of Exim supports DKIM. However I see that ADSP has
become an RFC (5617) as of last August, so that will no doubt be the
next step.

Whilst I would agree that blocking mail based on the SPF/TXT record is
likely to lead to complaints, it is possible to block those domains
which specify that no mail will ever be sent from them (e.g. v=spf1
-all).

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001