Re: [LUG] SPAM ...

Martijn Grooten wrote:

It's interesting, as I think DKIM is much more powerful, but perhaps
it's because SPF is easier to use.

s/easier to use/more widely implemented in software/

I looked at DKIM for postfix, and it is only just getting to the point where I could offer it and expect my colleagues to stand a chance of sorting it if it went wrong.

I don't think the situation is that different for other MTAs, and with issues with some mailing lists and most of the spam identifying itself as Yahoo being delivered by Yahoo mail servers the motivation to deploy DKIM isn't compelling.

They ask the question using "implement SPF", I bet some respondents interpret that as publishing an SPF record ;)

I'm happy to test how many reject SPF fail if we can find willing volunteer email addresses at various large providers.

 Simon