Re: [LUG] SPAM ...

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
> I very much doubt the 53% of server use SPF, possible 53% of senders set it
> on a domain. Very few who deploy SPF filters reject out right on failure,
> which tells you how useful it is at it's own job.

Here's an EU survey that suggests just short of 40% of ISPs use SPF to
authenticate the sender, while less than 20% use DKIM:

http://www.enisa.europa.eu/act/res/other-areas/anti-spam-measures/studies/spam-survey/at_download/fullReport

It's interesting, as I think DKIM is much more powerful, but perhaps
it's because SPF is easier to use.

Martijn.