Re: [LUG] lighthouse/resurrection day/386

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

2010/1/25 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    I do think the Lighthouse would be a good place to have a
    resurrection day though, at least assuming it's not busy, or closed.
     Thing is, when it opens (assuming it isn't officially opened
    already) it might make it a bit harder to do stuff.  All those PC's
    bits kicking about and open PCs in a public place could be
    considered a risk, in in the case of that power supply yesterday,
    light entertainment.

    Rob

Which is why I have suggested we do this before it opens properly,  as I
am sure we can make a few more PC's up from bits or perhaps make it a
lug meet proper, and do what we did Sunday,  only have more of us
involved.  Only the day would be longer,  and we would perhaps also have
a chance to play a few multi player games,  etc.

If tyrone and or mark can be around,

Okay fair enough, do you want to pop in and have a word with Tyrone?

The only thing I'm worried about is them thinking we're trying to use the place for free too much. Granted we're giving up our time to install and configure the LTSP system, but I won't want us to push our luck.

So, probably worth mentioning it to Tyrone and see what his thoughts on it are.

Sunday was fun,   which is how this project should be.

Yep, it was good.

There are enough people who can normally make it to lug meets to make it
an interesting event,

Yep

next lug meet at the shoreline is 6th Feb,  just wondered if it's worth
having a resurrection meet later in Feb.

Yes, I think so. I'm waiting to hear back from Bryn and Mark about getting the bits we need (or some of them anyway) for the LTSP installation. I'm not sure if we're going to get the bits soonish, I guess it depends on what Mark says.

Rob