Re: [LUG] SPAM !!!

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM, tom wrote:
> http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20527446.000-to-beat-spam-turn-its-own-weapons-against-it.htm

I never trust spam filters that claim to be 100 per cent accurate.
What if, for instance, spammers use existing templates such as Amazon
newsletters or Facebook announcements (which some of them already do)?
You're bound to get some false positives.

Further, as the MAAWG-chairman says: if you start recognizing spam
with a short delay, a lot of harm has been done already. And after
that, I wonder if other content filters won't have picked up the spam
campaign too and block almost 100% of it.

The idea sounds nice though. :)

Martijn.