Re: [LUG] Spreading the Linux gospel

Yeah mint is the one I will be showing newbies. Since it installs all the codecs as standard, can run most wifi dongles automatically, and is set up exactly like windows with only one panel and a menu button where a windows user expects it, its about the easiest going.

Just explain about synaptic being a database of programs that are guaranteed to work, and that it installs em automatically, and its a go.

Why complicate matters more then necessary?

Linux is great. I'll convert anyone convertible to it. But as for
spreading the gospel (a nasty metaphor for those as atheistic as
myself), well you should probably use holy books the convertee can read
without spending years in a seminary.

Yeah im with you on the Gospel thing. Why make it a religion rather then a choice?