Re: [LUG] Spreading the Linux gospel

Rhia Knowles wrote:
> Yeah mint is the one I will be showing newbies. Since it installs all the
> codecs as standard, can run most wifi dongles automatically, and is set up
> exactly like windows with only one panel and a menu button where a windows
> user expects it, its about the easiest going.
>
> Just explain about synaptic being a database of programs that are guaranteed
> to work, and that it installs em automatically, and its a go.
>
> Why complicate matters more then necessary?
>

>> Linux is great. I'll convert anyone convertible to it. But as for
>> spreading the gospel (a nasty metaphor for those as atheistic as
>> myself), well you should probably use holy books the convertee can read
>> without spending years in a seminary.
>>

> Yeah im with you on the Gospel thing. Why make it a religion rather then a
> choice?

Oh dear. As the original poster I just used that phrase without meaning
any suggestion of religion. Just meant spread the word, pass on
knowledge, whatever phrase you like. I didn't occur to me that anyone
would see it as 'nasty'.

If anyone has some suggestions for a better way of saying it for future
use I will be grateful.

Neil