Re: [LUG] OT-Chips and how everything is more expensive these days - Optical Mice - Christmas Stocking Fillers

I'd get a very expensive microphone, a good quality signal generator and check what they are actually giving you. IIRC a 12" bass unit will need to be moving in and out an 1" at 40Hz for a watt (my uni notes are snowed in at the mo). Making a sound doesn't necessarily mean its vaguely reminiscent of the input - even though in a great many circumstances the ear can be confused into believing it is.

no need to, im happy with the quality of sound that im getting from my main system (the pc bose system being miles behind but still good). im not interested in blind trials on other peoples kit, the only system that counts is my own evaluation of my own system. also as i don't have an anechoic chamber to "blind test" or play my music in and being as there are so many variables (furnishings, carpets, etc) all this seems so pointless. also @ 40Hz i prolly wont be hearing it, just feeling it.

bas.