Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:27:49 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Grant,

> Thanks Brad.  Having compared the settings, mine are now the same as

You're welcome, Grant.

> yours except for the gmail/googlemail differences.  This is not a
> GMail account, it's a Google Apps mail account.  However, I have used

Helpfully, I see that Google refer to configuration diffs, but the page
they link to to explain them appears not to exist.   :-(

Just in case "it's me" the page I looked is;
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33380

> googlemail instead of gmail earlier to no avail - still fails in
> exactly the same way... "couldn't start TLS session".

:-(

--
 Regards  _

The public wants what the public gets