Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:45:14 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Grant,

> I know it comes from "my end" - I would have thought there'd be others

Yeah, sorry;  Poorly worded on my part.  Woolly thinking, and a brain
that works faster than my fingers.  Anyhow, even knowing that the error
comes from within CM, doesn't necessarily mean the fault's at your end.

> problem.  And I know it's a CM issue - doesn't seem to have this

Here's the relevant part of my GMail settings (with necessary
obfuscations).  Compare with yours, and see if there's anything
obvious.  One thing I noticed (probably v. minor) is that you used gmail
in your config, whereas I use googlemail.
<snip>

Thanks Brad.  Having compared the settings, mine are now the same as yours except for the gmail/googlemail differences.  This is not a GMail account, it's a Google Apps mail account.  However, I have used googlemail instead of gmail earlier to no avail - still fails in exactly the same way... "couldn't start TLS session".