Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:56:42 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Grant,

> [16:53:37] ESMTP< 250 PIPELINING
> ** SMTP AUTH not available

To my untutored eye it looks as though you're not sending the right info
to start an SMTP AUTH session.  So;

Have you got your UID (full email address) and password set in the "Send"
part of the account config?  Tick the "SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH)"
box, and then you can enter the data.

Just setting it in the "Basic" part isn't enough, IIRC.  I have it set
in both and everything works here.

The "basic" tab has my UID and password.
The "send" tab has "SMTP AUTH" ticked, authentication method as "automatic", user ID and password fields are filled out correctly - ie full email address in UID.
I've tried all 3 of the settings for SMTP in the SSL tab.
On the "advanced" tab I've set the SMTP port to 465 and 587 with each of the 3 setting on the SSL tab, I've even tried playing around with the "starttls" command in the "use command to communicate with server" option to no avail.

Grant.