Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:45:14 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Grant,

> I know it comes from "my end" - I would have thought there'd be others

Yeah, sorry;  Poorly worded on my part.  Woolly thinking, and a brain
that works faster than my fingers.  Anyhow, even knowing that the error
comes from within CM, doesn't necessarily mean the fault's at your end.

> problem.  And I know it's a CM issue - doesn't seem to have this

Here's the relevant part of my GMail settings (with necessary
obfuscations).  Compare with yours, and see if there's anything
obvious.  One thing I noticed (probably v. minor) is that you used gmail
in your config, whereas I use googlemail.

account_name=Google Mail
is_default=0
name=Brad Rogers
address=my full Google email address
organization=something
protocol=0
receive_server=pop.googlemail.com
smtp_server=smtp.googlemail.com
nntp_server=
local_mbox=/var/mail
use_mail_command=0
mail_command=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
use_nntp_auth=0
use_nntp_auth_onconnect=0
user_id=my full Google email address
password=obfuscation
use_apop_auth=0
remove_mail=1
message_leave_time=7
message_leave_hour=0
enable_size_limit=0
size_limit=1024
filter_on_receive=1
filterhook_on_receive=1
imap_auth_method=0
receive_at_get_all=1
max_news_articles=300
inbox=#mh/Google/inbox
local_inbox=#mh/FineByMe/inbox
imap_directory=
imap_subsonly=1
low_bandwidth=0
imap_use_trash=1
generate_msgid=1
add_custom_header=1
use_smtp_auth=1
smtp_auth_method=0
smtp_user_id=my full Google email address
smtp_password=obfuscation
pop_before_smtp=0
pop_before_smtp_timeout=5
....snip GPG stuff
ssl_pop=1
ssl_imap=0
ssl_nntp=0
ssl_smtp=2
use_nonblocking_ssl=1
in_ssl_client_cert_file=
in_ssl_client_cert_pass=!
out_ssl_client_cert_file=
out_ssl_client_cert_pass=!
set_smtpport=1
smtp_port=587
set_popport=1
pop_port=995
....snip irrelevant mbox & nntp prefs.

--
 Regards  _

Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart
Who Are You - Black Sabbath