Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

> I think it's a case of you get what you pay for.  My Dad is on Talktalk LLU,
> he pays about £18 a month and that covers his monthly line rental (£11.25)
> and broadband which IIRC is up to 8 Meg (£6.49).  They do 'boosts' so you
> can upgrade to up to 24 Meg (basically whatever your line will support up to
> 24 Meg) and you can increase the download allowance from 40GB up to 80GB,
> both boosts are £4 each.
>
> It's an 18 months minimum contract for this.
>
> I see the BT Wholesale Broadband Connect is set to be enabled today.  I
> can't remember for sure, but I'm sure this means that the exchange is
> enabled for ADSL2+ from BT, so you might possibly be able to get up to 24
> Meg broadband from other providers who use BT Wholesale too.

I'm not too sure of the contract we're under with BT - as I understand
it we're ok to leave them without penalty clauses, although Tiscali
will charge us for the rest of our contract, but as that's only till
Feb 2010 I'm happy to bung them the rest to get rid of them.

Talk Talk looks prety good actually - I'll go for the £4 download
boost, and as up to 8mb will also do me fine this will give me:

80gb monthly limit
up to 8mb speed
free evening and weekend calls
everything on one bill

£11.25 line rental + £6.49 + download boost £4 = £21.74 + vat (£25)

We're paying almost 50 quid a month at the mo for an "unlimited"
service that throttles like mad in the evenings, and the phone, but on
seperate bills.  Tbh is the 24mb service becomes available in
Barnstaple, I'll upgrade to that for the extra 4 quid and still be
paying less for the lot.  Perhaps moving isnt so bad after all.

Anyone have any experience with Talk Talk?  Good / Bad ?