Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

Terry Hill wrote:
Thanks for all the input everyone, appreciate the pointers.

Gordon - I will be on an LLU enabled exchange - I'm moving back into Barnstaple:

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WWBARN

Looking at this though the only LLU services are AOL (Never!!!), Talk
Talk & Tiscali (whom I want to move away from, as their support is a
joke).

I'll go take a look at TT's options a sec...
I think it's a case of you get what you pay for. My Dad is on Talktalk LLU, he pays about £18 a month and that covers his monthly line rental (£11.25) and broadband which IIRC is up to 8 Meg (£6.49). They do 'boosts' so you can upgrade to up to 24 Meg (basically whatever your line will support up to 24 Meg) and you can increase the download allowance from 40GB up to 80GB, both boosts are £4 each.

It's an 18 months minimum contract for this.

I see the BT Wholesale Broadband Connect is set to be enabled today. I can't remember for sure, but I'm sure this means that the exchange is enabled for ADSL2+ from BT, so you might possibly be able to get up to 24 Meg broadband from other providers who use BT Wholesale too.

Rob