Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Henry Bremridge wrote:

I'm on entanet (www.ukfsn.org), retail package

- Normally downloads ~ 4-5Mbs, uploads ~ 300-450kbs
- Occasionally goes down but rarely for more than 5-10 minutes
- Tech response is on a payline (0870 I think) and I occasionally wait
 upwards of 10 minutes but once connected then problems are resolved
 rapidly. Last time I connected was when I had to reset the router when I forgot the
password

Not cheap but good service, reliable. Glad to recommend them

Entas support has been a bit flakey as of late - however it does seem to be improving - It's not brilliant, but better than it was - ald it's almost always better to go directly to Entanet rather than to the reseller unless it's something trivial... I've been on the phone to them rather a lot this week to sort out that line cancellation issue I emailled earlier... Their email is still a bit slow, so to expedite things, if you do use email, call them with the ticket number after a short while....

Their support line is now an 0330 number - that's charged at the same rate as all 01 and 02 numbers - and should come out of any inclusive minute packages you might have with your chosen telco. (Landline, mobile or otherwise)

0870 numbers may still be charged at the expensive rate, but as of the 1st of August earlier this year, all revene generation was stopped on them. The surplus revenue generated will likely go to the telco you're using to place the call. Some telcos have reduced the connection charge down to 1p, (more or less) or to the same as 01/02/03. (My own connection fees to 0870 will drop to be in-line with 01/02/03 call charges as of the 1st of November)

Gordon