Re: [LUG] OT - Small Wireless Access Points?

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:52:02 +0100, Dan Lewis <danlewis.ltd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
However the article clearly said that to compress a blue ray disk can take several hours and over a day for the best quality - some simple math would
then say that

a dual layer blu ray disk of 50gb can fit 180 min og 1080p video at 24mbs
if we then said that i took 24 hours to compress this we would be looking at
a ratio of 1:8 whereby for every hour of video you wanted to compress one
would need 8 hours to do it.

sooo on the fly compression for full hd would be a no no at present :(

looking at the numbers i would then say 720p would be about half that (BIG
GUESS) at 1:4

and unfortunately if its not on the fly it wont fly with me ;)

Given that Medion can sell HD digital camcorders for less than £100, there must be pretty easy ways of compressing in real time. I bet the start is to not use x264 and secondly to not compress at the best quality. Either that or Medion, know something about processor design that nvidia have yet to figure out and I'll be buying my next computer from tescos.