Re: [LUG] OT - Small Wireless Access Points?

yeah i was just reading about this and came across this picture
http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/geforcegtx200launch_061408203021/17074.png
from article
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3339&p=1&cp=4

which clearly shows the advantage of gpu compression - the three below are cpus and the top is the gpu (obviousely)

However the article clearly said that to compress a blue ray disk can take several hours and over a day for the best quality - some simple math would then say that

a dual layer blu ray disk of 50gb can fit 180 min og 1080p video at 24mbs
if we then said that i took 24 hours to compress this we would be looking at a ratio of 1:8 whereby for every hour of video you wanted to compress one would need 8 hours to do it.

sooo on the fly compression for full hd would be a no no at present :(

looking at the numbers i would then say 720p would be about half that (BIG GUESS) at 1:4

and unfortunately if its not on the fly it wont fly with me ;)

Dan

ps we have a way to go.