Re: [LUG] OT: Hacker Groups

I posted this a while ago
http://www.100297.itsosbroadband.co.uk/inverter/Sushi%20Bar%20Generator.html
I haven't the time to build it myself - I thought I could get an old go-cart and hack that but they don't seem to make them any more and no-one I can find sells the bearings I would use. Several people have said it wont work but no-one has come up with a valid reason yet - other than they make much more expensive turbines..

I have a small three phase motor wired up as a Y-centre for testing small scale models after looking into wind generation for a while.  It's tiny and flat, mounted on a small bracket, would be fine to test such an idea in a working scale model.  A small desk fan to generate the "wind" and we could see if it works in principle.